Translate

Tuesday 13 January 2015

dun dun dun... the yearbook challenge !

A friend got me onto this challenge presented by Strawberry Singh - on her blog - 'The Yearbook Smile Challenge' - you can view the flickr group here to see so many people's versions... she has opened this challenge asking for submissions of your formal school pictures (re)-created, or creatively re-invented in second life - I do believe there will be enough entries there to actually print a book soon, perhaps the Lindens would want to take that on for an office novelty ?  The project could maybe move towards adding candid shots on campus, group pictures of teams or the glee club and so on..  I'd encourage anyone to take on this endeavour  and I'd love see all of your yearbook smiles!


How do you make your avatar smile ?  There is a default smile, and I too have never quite liked the look of it, nor can I remember how to make it happen to my avatar easily,  so I chose instead to use a little teeth-baring alpha that came with a lovely gift skin from Essences -  then added some lipgloss and finally edited up the corners of my avatar's mouth - I didn't really feel like going the route of trying extra add-on new gadget thingy for a 'more-better-even' smile - but I feel this works well - at the cost of 0L which always makes me smile! *wink*  For the picture I did a little bit of messing around in photoshop to get more of the formal school picture feel. I picked hair, skin clothes etc which reminded me of my high-school days -  here are the sources;

Skin - Atomic - {HeartStrings} Latte - black brows - (similar to 'Muse' skin (this is a past Chapter4 special apparently no longer in mp or in world shop) 
Hair - Raw House - Willow - blacks - [marketplace]
Shirt - Monso - My OffShoulder SHirt - red check 
Bow-Tie Swirl - Pure Poison - group gift - free group 
Ears - Mandala - Steking ears (full texture hud for skin & piercings) 
Earrings - Scrub - no longer available - but still worth a visit  for clothing and accessories
Eyes - Az Design - Sky Black - [marketplace] - 30L
Lashes - BC Lashes - [marketplace] - 1L
EyeLiner - Corvus - CatEye Eyeliner - 30L
Freckles - Soonsiki - formerly Milk - Odd Beauty Freckles - included with group gift dec.2014 - free group





No comments:

Post a Comment