Translate

Saturday 10 January 2015

puffins do it !

As far as I know, puffins do not wear hats, although they do make their feathers puffy for that little layer of insulated air to fend off the cold -  which is the same little bit of magic in wearing a puffy down-filled jacket.. last I checked, it's still winter, in fact its downright siberian around here- so this cozy jacket from Legal Insanity wins the day!  They currently have these wonderful group gift puffer jackets for him or her - which includes the hoodie under layer, in different colours and prints for each, version; seen here, I have the guys version as the colours worked better with my chosen accessories.


I'm happy its a free group as my group limit is always on the edge of its maximum. And, by the way,  I hear you guys grumbling all the time about not having equal opportunity shopping as the girls, but there are some very nice items and gifts for men, just not nearly as copious -I'm not sure if that is due to a supply and demand thing or simply a SL-ism.  However, Legal Insanity happens to have many items for men as wells as a wall full of past group gifts for sale at 1L - so there's a lot you can fill  your sock drawers with there, and once you're done with that you can head over to Gabriel's where there is also also an abundance of group gifts for men and women. (free group) I love the bright red suede unisex sneaker-boots I picked up there - they are non-rigged and easily adjustable to fit any size.


Notice the silly cow hat and reindeer hoof mittens?  They came from a past gacha by 8F8 - and can still be found at his shop 'Black Kite' which is in itself a fun place to visit for its uniquely whimsical ambiance, but beware, the gachas here are great quality and very appealing !


The slightly distressed jeans are from Allure - where you can find a trunkful of gifts - as they have chosen to make group gifts available for each of their items as opposed to demos - so you can try anything and everything without having to squint your eyes to imagine the non-demo version. Well worth the shopping trip - even on a lean budget.
 The hair strands are a gift from Lelutka - (previously blogged) and probably fit well with any hat or hoodie you could pair them with. I believe this gift is still available, luckily,  as its such a handy little piece, which comes in every possible colour.  The Scarf is a group gift from Ronsem (free group)- and it is also modifiable so can be resized or tinted easily to fit and suit your many looks.
   Another group gift I picked up recently is this fresh and detailed skin by Lara Hurley called Gervaise (free group) with some added light pink lipgloss from Esode- (part of a group gift with the Ashley skin.)  I also added several eyelash sets and some tintable eyeshadow - fun being able to customize your eye-shadow perfectly - group gift by Dead Apples to frame in some pretty new eyes I picked up at Poetic Colors which is a current subscriber gift.  They come in different sizes and brightness options as well as in mesh or standard texture style - so a vast set of options with these eyes - no detail left undone I believe !


Again I have used a pose by Attitude poses(no shop available currently ((  - and I went to Apple Fall's playground for the winter scenery.
Thanks all !  Do like the puffins and stay cozy warm !


No comments:

Post a Comment